Today, I brought you this article to discuss an important aspect of 3D Printing: Bed leveling the printing bed. This is sometimes neglected, and people face printing gaps, 3D printing clogging, scratch marks, and ghosting problems. The 3D printers with auto bed leveling can be done manually by measuring orientation gaps and setting them accordingly, but it is troublesome. This is why opting for a 3D printer with an auto bed leveling function is crucial.
In this article, I will help you get a 3D printer with auto leveling features and let it do the job. I will also discuss some highly recommended printers for the same later in the section.
- Top 3 Picks – Best Self Leveling 3D Printers
- Review Of Best 3D Printers with Auto Bed Leveling
- 1. Creality Ender 5 Plus - Expert's Choice Auto Leveling 3D Printer
- 2. ANYCUBIC Vyper - Best Selling Self-Leveling 3D Printer
- 3. FLASHFORGE ADVENTURER 3 – BEST USER-FRIENDLY LEVELING 3D PRINTER
- 4. Creality CR-10 V3 – Best Quiet Self Leveling 3D Printer
- 5. FLSUN QQ-S 3D Printer
- 6. New Creator Pro 2 3D Printer
- 1. How Does Auto Bed Leveling Work?
- 2. Do any Creality printers have auto leveling feature?
- 3. What are the advantages of a 3D printers with automatic bed leveling?
- 4. Can you upgrade a 3D printer to auto level?
- 5. Which is better – Manual Bed Leveling vs. Auto Bed Leveling in 3D Printing?
- 6. How important is it to have an auto-leveling feature?
- 7. Is it difficult to use a 3D printer with auto leveling?
- 8. Does Ender 5 Pro have an auto level?
- 9. Does the Creality Ender 3 V2 have auto bed leveling?
- 10. Is automatic bed leveling worth it?
- 11. Is the BLtouch worth it?
What is an auto-leveling 3D printer?
As I mentioned, 3D printer self-leveling is necessary. We all need that the print should be consistent layer by layer. The latest feature, auto-leveling, makes it very easy, and manual bed leveling 3D printers are also available. This constantly senses the levels and keeps the print even. The reference layer is the plane of the Printer’s base, so it is well managed even if the table base is inclined.
Though it adds some weight to your Printer, the benefits are excellent. There is no time wasted in setting up the bed, and the precision is high. Indeed, an excellent feature if you are a beginner. There are various levels to 3D Printing, too, I will discuss them along with the products.
Top 3 Picks – Best Self Leveling 3D Printers
- FDM Modeling Technology
- Build volume: 350 x 350 x 400 mm
- Semi-automatic bed leveling
- Large Build Space
- Partially Assembled Kit
- BL Touch Auto Leveling Sensor
- 4.3 Inch Color Touchscreen
- Filament Run Out Detection
- Creality V2.2 Motherboard
- Tempered Glass Plate
- Y-Axis Dual Shaft Motor
- Strong Power Supply Unit
- Thermal Runaway Protection
- Dual Z-Axis Lead Screws
- Supported Materials are PLA, ABS, TPU, and Composite filaments
- Supported File Formats are STL, OBJ, AMF, G-Code
- FDM Printing Technology
- Build Volume: 245×245×260 mm
- Machine Size: 508×457mm×516 mm
- Automatic Bed Leveling (16 points)
- Dual Gear System Extruder
- Print Resolution: ±0.1mm
- 0.4mm Nozzle Diameter
- Support Filaments are PLA, TPU, ABS, PETG, Wood
- Slicing Software is Cura
- Supported Formats are STL, OBJ, AMF
- Connectivity: Trans-flash Card, USB cable
- High-performance Cortex-M3 Chip
- Z-axis Double Photoelectric Limit
- 4.3-inch Large-size Touch Screen
- FDM/FFF Printing Technology
- Build Volume: 150x150x150 mm
- 0.4mm Nozzle Diameter
- Built-in camera
- 2.8″ Color touchscreen
- Load & unload filament automatically
- Detachable nozzle
- Supported materials are PLA/ABS
- Max. Print Speed: 100mm/s
- Single Extruder
- ABS/PC Frame and Body
- Recommended Software is FlashPrint
- Connectivity: USB, WiFi, Ethernet, Cloud Printing
- Supported OS are Windows XP/Vista/7+, Mac OS X, Linux
Review Of Best 3D Printers with Auto Bed Leveling
Save your precious time by investing in this best 3D Printer with an auto print bed leveling feature. First, let me tell you how you save time. This auto-leveling feature makes it easier to change the build surface without needing to reconfigure your Printer.
But what makes the auto-leveling feature work, or how does it work? Well, the answer is the BL-touch sensor. Yes, this 3D Printer has a BL-touch, a smart auto-leveling sensor specifically designed for 3D printers.
This sensor can measure and adjust the distance between the build plate and printer nozzle accurately and quickly based on the open-source.
Also, this sensor is special because it can provide a reliable operation with all build surfaces.
The Y-axis dual shaft motor helps print large 3D prints and achieves better prints.
The filament detection features alert you when the filament breaks, runs out or gets tangled in the 3D printer nozzle. Also, the runaway protection controls the Printer from getting heated.
Additionally, the 4.3-inch color touchscreen interface adds more ease to operating the Printer. Talking about the power supply, this Ender printer gets a brand power supply that can heat the hotbed upto 100℃ in a matter of 10 minutes. Also, its compatible material includes Wood, Copper, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene, and Polylactic Acid.
This Creality 3D Ender-5 plus Printer is an upgraded version of Ender-5. You can opt for this 3D Printer for auto-bed leveling for its high precision, touch screen, and large format. Grab this 3D Printer if its suits your need.
- Large space
- Filament sensor
- Dual Z-axis
- Automatic leveling
- Best touch screen feature
- Removable plate
- Sometimes, changing the filament can be a hassle
- It makes noise while printing
An open frame printer by Anycubic named Vyper. It has a large printing area of 9.6 x 9.6 x 10.2 inches. This 3D Printer with auto bed leveling was launched in August 2021 and gave you quite fascinating features.
The best one is the intelligent auto-leveling feature. This is an upgraded, 16-point leveling setup. This ensures print quality printing and improved print bed adhesion. The average printing speed too reaches up to 100mm/s.
This self-leveling 3D Printer has a new 32-bit motherboard, Cortex M-3 chip, and the integration of the TMC2209 driver makes the printing swift, highly precise, and completely silent.
Moreover, you will also get a Patented Z-axis Gap Elimination Module, a Spring Steel magnetic platform, scratch-resistance coating, a built-in toolbox, and even printing lights.
You won’t have to worry about deformation at high temperatures, precision and accuracy, easy model removal, and checking printing status at times.
This Printer is a very wholesome package of features and services. The after service is quite good too. There is one year warranty and lifetime technical support. Give it a shot!
- Relatively large build area
- Automatic bed leveling
- Easy to assemble
- Fast print speeds
- Silent stepper drivers which result in quiet printing
- One-Click Auto-leveling
- Patented Z-axis Gap Elimination Module
- Includes small starter filament coil
- Cura software with the Vyper requires tweaking a couple of settings.
This is an enclosed-type 3D printer brought up by FlashForge. It was launched in January 2021 and offers a printing area of 150 x 150 x 150 mm.
Of course, it has the auto-leveling feature with the heating print bed as a removable one. Works well with PLA, ABS, and PETG filaments.
A great option you have here is a detachable nozzle. The material is stainless steel and gets detached with just a single push. You can change nozzles to various sizes according to the temperatures needed. The heating is quite fast, too, reaching up to 240℃ in just 50 seconds.
Also, you have the filament runout detection and resume function, which pauses the Printer when the filament gets broken or used up and resumes when the filament is restored. The Printing is mute, and a camera is set up inside to help you easily monitor the Printing.
Not so many, but quite handy features. Backed with one year warranty, lifetime technical support, and 24-hours professional customer service, it is a good option if you wish to go for an enclosed type printer. Click the amazon link below and buy this 3D Printer with auto bed leveling now.
- Filaments are easy to handle
- Easy setup and simple operation
- Wide touchscreen and easy to use
- Plate is removable, well-heated, and flexible
- Noise-free technology
- Quick detachable nozzle
- Automatic filament feeding function
- Built-in Camera
- No proper sensor
- Build volume is quite small compared to larger printers
This open-frame 3D Printer by Creality was launched in April 2020. Here, you get a big printing area of 11.8 x 11.8 x 15.7 inches. It is the best choice if you want a large printing area.
Talking about this 3D printer auto bed leveling frame, you get an aluminum one. The Printing is highly stable and added with Bowden extruder design and thermo-plastic ‘Triangle Slot’ wheels. The load on the X-axis is reduced, and even tall prints are very durable. The head print bed is made of glass, favoring good adhesion while printing and easy removal when cooled.
Also, this Printer is specially designed to help you use each inch of your printing area. You will not get to complain about stability even when printing edge to edge.
Comgrow gives you a one-year manufacturer warranty and lifetime technical support. The service is reliable. Moreover, the product is open-source. You can check out for upgrades and improvements and keep going always.
- Print quality comes out with amazing quality
- Well-structured metallic design
- It comes with a carbon filter
- Well-balanced four-sided screws
- Long-lasting parts
- Easy to use
- Dual Port Hot Port Cooling Fans
- It comes with Ultra Silent Motherboard
- Resume printing function
- Manual leveling is not properly
5. FLSUN QQ-S 3D Printer
This Printer by Flsun gives you a circular base for high-quality prints. This Printer, launched in August 2018, offers a printing size of φ255 x 360 mm. This is a 90% pre-assembled printer and takes about 20 minutes to complete. It is recommended for beginners.
The Printer does its job very effectively by being upgraded with three fans for the effector and a double cooling system for the board. The heat bed is made of lattice glass, helping in adhesion and easy removal. It has the auto-leveling feature; you can entirely rely on it for leveling.
You get a 3.2-inch touch screen and a WiFi-based remote controller for the interface. An SD card is provided along; it has the software and instruction files for the Printer. Refer to them before you start.
Moreover, the sound remains below 50dB while the print is ultra-fast. The print speed is about 60% more than the normal ones, possible with the help of a 3-axis linkage-based structure. It even supports flexible filament, mainly PLA, ABS, and aluminum.
There is one year warranty and lifetime service support. Requoting “Highly recommended for beginners.”
- Ultrafast 3D printing speeds
- Responsive touchscreen
- Supports flexible filaments
- Relatively quiet 3D printer
- 3.2-inch touch screen
- Wifi connectivity
- Few people facing issue with extruder stepper motor
6. New Creator Pro 2 3D Printer
This is an enclosed type printer by FlashForge. This Printer was launched in August 2020 and offered a 200 x 148 x 150 mm printing area. A good advantage here is that it supports multiple filaments such as PLA, ABS, PTG, Pearl, PVA, and high-impact Polystyrene.
The best feature you get here is the Independent Dual Extruder System. This enables you to do dual-color, duplicate, or mirror mode printing. The products are clean, and productivity is doubled.
This is the upgraded version of Creator Pro, and the prints are more precise and better. You can expect no ghosting here.
The powerful slicing software of FlashForge named “FlashPrint” will control the working here. This makes the interface easy and slicing faster.
Additionally, you can also print 2D photos here, not just 3D models.
As a professional printer, you get a 16-months manufacturer’s warranty with lifetime technical support. I would say it is an excellent option for the price range.
- Sturdy design
- Optimal for multi-color 3D prints
- Independent Dual Extruder
- Scrapes the residue
- Grippy print bed surface
- No Wi-Fi connectivity
1. How Does Auto Bed Leveling Work?
A good set of algorithms, of course, backs the work. Keeping it simple, I mentioned embedded sensors within the nozzle and at specific probe points. The sensors constantly sense at various designated points, take up the readings and calculate the inclination.
The orientation of your printer and XY axis movements is carefully examined when the print initiates, considering the curves and tilts. The distance between the nozzle and the print bed is shifted accordingly, and the Printer is leveled.
2. Do any Creality printers have auto leveling feature?
Yes, the recent versions of the 3D Printer come with auto-bed leveling sensors. For instance, in Ender-5 series ( Ender-5, Ender-5 Pro, Ender-5 Plus), only the Ender-5 Plus comes inbuilt with the auto leveling sensor. But you can easily upgrade the other two versions with BL touch or any suitable auto leveling printers sensor.
The Creality CR-6 SE model comes with an auto-leveling sensor, and this 3D Printer is also one of the cheapest ones in the market but with zero compromises on print quality. However, the most recent version Ender 7, lacks an automatic bed leveling function.
3. What are the advantages of a 3D printers with automatic bed leveling?
Automatic bed leveling reduces your workload and saves time. You don’t have to fiddle with the bed or reconfigure the Printer; you can print immediately. Easy to use option for new machinists.
4. Can you upgrade a 3D printer to auto level?
Yes, you can upgrade a 3D printer to auto-level. Many kits are available for such upgrades. You must check thoroughly or contact customer service to find out which one works for your Printer.
5. Which is better – Manual Bed Leveling vs. Auto Bed Leveling in 3D Printing?
It depends on the person’s need. For instance, auto-leveling will be the right fit for those; who have recently started in 3D Printing. After that, when you become more experienced in assembling and 3D Printing, get switched to manual leveling to earn more hands-on experience.
6. How important is it to have an auto-leveling feature?
As the name suggests, automated leveling is the latest advanced feature; that saves you time and hassle. The switch of the print head areas and proximity sensor of a self-leveling 3D printer allows you to automatically correct all sorts of distance inconsistencies between the nozzle and the bed in all areas.
An advanced firmware computes the distance, measures it from different platforms, and helps you adjust the nozzle to its optimum distance.
With instant Printing, the feature makes the leveling method easier and faster than the manual printing process and maintains high precision during leveling. The 3D printers with auto bed leveling features are just like a blessing for the budding 3D printer operators.
7. Is it difficult to use a 3D printer with auto leveling?
Setting up an auto-leveling printer can be somewhat difficult but not rocket science. Don’t worry! Learning how to level the self-leveling 3D printer bed will take a little time, and after a bit of practice, you can do it quickly and effortlessly.
8. Does Ender 5 Pro have an auto level?
Yes! The Ender 5 Pro has an automatic leveling function.
9. Does the Creality Ender 3 V2 have auto bed leveling?
The Creality Ender 3 and V2 are the budget printers; that require user involvement to adjust the bed position at different points and maintain the same distance below the nozzle.
10. Is automatic bed leveling worth it?
Do you want the best result with as little effort as possible? If your answer is yes, my answer is also a big ‘YES.’
11. Is the BLtouch worth it?
The answer is “it depends on your need.” A bed leveling sensor is used to avoid the 3d printer bed’s negative effects and also saves your time. So if you have problems with leveling, then the BL touch sensor is worth it, especially if the bed is not conducive. However, opting for the BLtouch sensor makes no sense if you have flatbeds.
I selected and reviewed these were the best 3D Printers with Auto Bed Leveling. All the printers mentioned provide auto leveling. Each Printer is somewhat different; you can choose according to your work. I did try to keep it concise; you can always refer to the links provided and check the product in detail.
I have other guides, too; you may refer to them by going to the respective sections on the website whenever needed. I hope it helps! All the best, and Keep Printing!