Looking for the best Laptop For 3D Printing? Do you really think you need an expensive PC setup for 3D printing? No, not at all; you can even use a laptop. This article will discuss laptops compatible with your printing needs and best for the budget. You can connect your 3D printer with these laptops to design your favorite model.
A good laptop favors a good print. The more complex the print, the more it demands from the PC system. Most modern laptops are capable of basic designing and storage functions. The primary requirement is the running of CAD and Slicer softwares. Your download, prepare the files and send them to the printer. The extensions used are OBJ files or STL files which are widely supported.
When you print at a large scale and the products are complex such as RC parts, you need the latest slicer software, high-quality display, good RAM, and a high storage option.
Moreover, the new printers come upgraded and so does the softwares. Choosing the best laptops is necessary as they don’t slow down when the 3D printing and 3D modeling demands rise. Come on, let’s get into the Best Laptop for 3D Printing list.
- List Of The Best Laptop for 3D Printing
- The Best Laptops for 3D Printing Are:
- Other Recommended Best Laptop for 3D Printers
- Recommended Laptop Hardware & Software Requirements for 3D Printing
List Of The Best Laptop for 3D Printing
The Best Laptops for 3D Printing Are:
1. ASUS ROG Strix G15 – Best Laptops for 3D Modeling
The latest gaming model by ASUS. This will be a very great option, I’ll tell you why.
I call this the best laptop For 3D printing because it comes with some good features. First, it comes in two versions. One with a Ryzen 7-5800H processor, 16GB ram, and 1TB SSD storage. The other has a Ryzen 7-4800H processor, 8GB RAM, and 512GB SSD storage. These facilitate your heavy workload and multitasking.
The laptop has an NVIDIA GeForce RTX Graphics Card, which will help you the most while designing and maintaining precision. The screen has an IPS-Type Full HD display.
The design is made streamlined. Heating is maintained through the ROG’s intelligent cooling system, added with four more fan outlets, 12°C cooler CPUs, and 4% lesser noise.
You get one Type-A and three Type-C USB ports, an Audio Jack, a LAN port, and an HDMI port for connectivity.
Additionally, you get an X-Box pass for 30-days along with the laptop. You get an active subscription to 100+ high-quality pc games for a month.
The features are excellent for the price. Check the 3D printing laptop in detail on Amazon with the link.
Highlighted Features of ASUS ROG Strix G15
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900H
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800M
- Display: 1920×1080, 300Hz IPS screen (1440p, 165Hz version available)
- Memory: 16GB DDR4-3200MHz (up to 32GB)
- Storage: 512MB NVMe SSD (dual M.2 slots, 1TB version available)
- I/O: 3x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C (with DisplayPort and 100W PD), 1x RJ-45 Ethernet Jack, 1x HDMI 2.0b Output, 1x Audio Combo Jack
- Networking: WiFi 6, Gigabit Ethernet
- Audio: Dual Speaker with Dolby Atmos and Smart Amp, AI Mic Noise Cancelation
- Battery: 90Wh
- Adapter: 280w
2. Acer Nitro 5 – Best Cheap Laptop For 3D Printing
Coming up next is another good laptop for 3D printing and this time it is from Acer. Acer Nitro 5 was launched in October 2020. Let’s see what this one has to offer.
The processor Intel Core i5-10300H (10th Gen) is decent enough to support the 3D printing software. For storage, you get 256GB NVMe SSD storage and 8GB DDR4 RAM which makes the design works fast. These specs are enough if you are 3D printing for your home.
There is a 15.6-inch IPS-LED Full HD screen with a 144Hz Refresh Display for the display. Also, it has a backlit keyboard with specially designed WASD keys to locate them directly while gaming. A NitroSense Key is added to give commands with ease.
For the sound, you get the DTS X Ultra. The sounds are clear with the application of dual 2W speakers. You will find that the sound gets a competitive edge.
Talking about Graphics, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti does the job. Connectivity is easy, featuring Killer Ethernet LAN and Intel Wireless wifi 6. You have multiple ports for USB (Type A and Type C) and HDMI connections.
Somewhat different from the last one and a great laptop on a lower budget.
Highlighted Features of Acer Nitro 5
- CPU: Hexa-core AMD Ryzen 5 4600H
- Memory: 8GB DDR4 3200MHz
- Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1650 with 4GB dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- Storage: 256GB PCIe NVMe (plus a second PCIe slot and one 2.5-inch HDD bay)
- Display: 15.6-inch full-HD (1920×1080) IPS display, 60Hz refresh rate
- Webcam: 720p SHDR
- Connectivity: 1 x USB SuperSpeed 10Gbps Type-C, 2 x USB SuperSpeed 10Gbps Type-A (one with power-off charging), 1 x USB SuperSpeed 5Gbps Type-A, HDMI 2.0, ethernet, combo audio jack
- Networking: wifi 6, Killer Gigabit ethernet E2600, Bluetooth 5.0
- Battery capacity: 57.5 Watt-hour
3. Acer Swift 3 – Best Laptop for 3D design
My next recommendation is a thin & light laptop by Acer. This laptop was launched in April 2020. You can’t enjoy high-end games here, but it will make you print whatever you wish.
The processing here is controlled by the AMD Ryzen 7-4700U Octa-Core Mobile processor. With a processor of AMD 4000 series, you will not get a chance to complain. We have 8GB LPDDR4 RAM and 512GB NVMe SSD storage. Also, it has AMD Radeon Graphics. The good, and enough specifications.
An essential feature of thin & light laptops is the battery life. The battery life of this laptop marks up to 11.5 hours. You can work from morning to evening without a doubt. With only a 0.63-inches screen and 2.6 lbs weight, you don’t feel the load.
The screen has a 14-inch full HD IPS LED display. It follows the aspect ratio of 16:9 and gives a widescreen view. The keyboard is backlit, and you can also operate it in the dark.
The system comes with Windows Hello, a fingerprint reader, and quick and healthy security. The addition of Alexa makes the interface very smooth.
For the connectivity, you get USB ports, HDMI ports, and the Intel Wireless wifi 6 AX200 802.11ax.
This is one of the good laptops for 3d printing if you are looking for a thin & light laptop for 3D printing. Go to the link and get the laptop.
Highlighted Features of Acer Swift 3
- Display: 13.5-inch (2256×1504, IPS), a maximum brightness of 400 nits
- Processor: Intel Core i7-1065G7
- Graphics: Iris Plus
- Memory: 16GB dual-channel LPDDR4X
- Storage: 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Ports: 1 USB-C (Thunderbolt 3, 10Gbit/s); 2 USB-A (1 USB 3.1 Gen1, 1 USB 2.0), HDMI port, 3.5mm jack
- Security: Fingerprint reader (Windows Hello), Kensington lock
- Camera: 720p (user-facing, with SHDR)
- Battery: 56Wh (reported), 45.6Wh (actual)
- Wireless: WiFi 6 (Intel AX201 802.11ax Gig+, 2×2 MIMO) and Bluetooth 5.0
- Operating system: Windows 10
Other Recommended Best Laptop for 3D Printers
Recommended Laptop Hardware & Software Requirements for 3D Printing
I discussed three laptops for 3D printers. All of them are somewhat different, and you can choose according to your needs. Though you need to know the recommended requirements to choose effectively.
You can go easy if the workload is normal and you print only one-two model a day. Intel i3 (10th Gen), or i5 (9th Gen), AMD Ryzen 5 Series, and higher versions will work well. At Least 8GB of RAM is recommended. For storage, go with SSD; the capacity solely depends on your saving of work. As mentioned, a Graphics Card is not necessary but recommended. At this level, any graphics card will do.
If the workload is significant, you want consistent high performance. I suggest you look only for intel i5 (10th Gen) and AMD Ryzen 7 or higher processors. You need 16GB RAM and at least 512GB SSD Storage. Go with a laptop with a graphics card, at least 6GB, NVIDIA GeForce, or AMD Radeon, both work.
Check up on the battery life, too; at least 6 hours of backup is recommended.
The most important is connectivity. Look for wifi and Bluetooth support to help wireless transfers and the latest generation USB and HDMI ports for backup wired transfers. That’s why I mentioned connectivity support for all of the mentioned laptops.
I hope it helps. All the best!
1. Is it Worth Getting Expensive Laptops for 3D Printing?
Yes, it is worth it. It’s worth it to print on a large scale, maybe for yourself or some business. Your laptop should be able to take the load. Not that it heats up and lags while working.
2. Can I 3D Print Without a Laptop?
Yes, you can do that. You can operate using a mobile phone (Android or iOS); you download or find the file on the net and send it to the 3D printer. But the approach is minimal and not recommended.
3. Do 3D Printers Laptops Come With Design Software?
Most of the average ones and every high-end 3D printer does. Some give it to you with the printer, some provide you with the setup, and some are available to download.
I selected and reviewed the Best Laptops for 3D Printing. All the laptops mentioned provide the best 3D Printing. Each laptop is somewhat different; you can choose according to your work. I did try to keep it concise; you can always refer to the links provided and check the product in detail.
I have other guides, too; you may refer to them by going to the respective sections on the website whenever needed. I hope it helps! All the best, and Keep Printing!